- Make sure you NEVER pour grease down your drain
- Do NOT put noodles or rice down your drain as they can swell and cause clogged drains
- Do NOT put tough skins in your garbage disposal such as potatoes and banana peels
- If your sink is running water lopsided or only water is coming out of part of your faucet – check your aerator. You can do this by unscrewing the part of your faucet that water comes out and rinsing the screen before reassembling.
- If you have a drip from your toilet tank, or any other leak from your toilet, turn off the water to your toilet by turning the valve below and behind the toilet counter clockwise. Do not continue to use the toilet if it is leaking if you have an alternative bathroom. Call us at GoRapid for service.
- Install low-flow shower heads to save money monthly on your water bill. You can compare the savings on any shower head packaging or by calling us at GoRapid Plumbing.
- Turn the faucet off while brushing your teeth, shaving, and washing hands and use a bowl of water when shaving to save even more money.
- Adjust your Washing Machine loads settings to reflect the amount of clothes per load.
- Add a timer to your sprinkler system and save hundreds of gallons of water per hour
- Insulate your indoor and outdoor water pipes during winter to prevent pipes freezing and bursting
- Find and fix leaks. Pay attention to your water bill for any unusual increases – this is a tell tale sign that you have a leak.
- Check your house meter while no water is in use. Your meter should not change at all and if it does you have a leak.